We all experience stress and anxiety from time to time, but science is showing an increasing prevalence in the United States, and more frequent chronics forms of both. Since 2007, the Stress in America survey has examined how stress affects the health and well-being of adults living in the United States. In 2015, reported overall stress levels increased slightly, with greater percentages of adults reporting extreme levels of stress than in 2014. Overall, adults report that stress has a negative impact on their mental and physical health. A sizable proportion do not feel they are doing enough to manage their stress.
As for the sources of their stress, adults are more likely to find family responsibilities stressful than they have in the past. Since 2007, the survey has found that money and work are the top two sources of very or somewhat significant stress (67 percent and 65 percent in 2015, respectively). This year, for the first time, the survey reveals that family responsibilities are the third most common stressor (54 percent), followed by personal health concerns (51 percent), health problems affecting the family (50 percent) and the economy (50 percent).
CBD, A Natural Relief For Stress & Anxiety
Studies show that CBD may be an effective treatment for various types of anxiety and stress related problems.
For a limited time you can save 15% off your first order of OLEO when you use the coupon “2STRESSED”.
Did You Know?
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment.
- People with an anxiety disorder are three to five times more likely to go to the doctor and six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than those who do not suffer from anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety disorders develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
Over time, younger generations and women consistently have struggled with stress. These populations have reported higher average stress levels and been more likely than their counterparts to say that their stress has increased in the last year. Adults with disabilities and adults who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) also report higher average stress levels and are more likely than their counterparts to say that their stress has increased in the last year.
Does CBD help with stress & anxiety?
Studies are showing evidence that:
- Cannabidiol reduces anxiety in both healthy individuals and patients with social anxiety disorder (R, R2).
- CBD significantly reduced anxiety and discomfort caused by public speaking (R, R2).
- CBD also reduced anxiety caused by the use of THC (R).
- Researchers suggest that it may be effective for panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder (R). CBD is a potential therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) treatment (R).
Could CBD be the best all natural way to reduce anxiety & stress?