Careers @ OLEO
If you share our creative vision and wish to apply for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing–Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared/Revised Date: 8/13/19
About the Position
Oleo is an emerging player in the CBD Beverage industry with current sales spanning brick & mortar Retail, Online and Ingredient channels. The company has been in business for 3 years and is ramping up staff to support rapid distribution and sales growth currently underway. This is a new position on the Executive Team reporting to the CEO.
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Work with CEO and EVP of Sales to manage and grow the OLEO brand
- Develop strategic marketing plans in line with the company’s Mission and Vision
- Conduct marketing execution tests and create models to calculate effectiveness of marketing and advertising campaigns. This in turn will drive recommendation of appropriate levels of marketing spending.
- Manage Marketing team (internal and external) and maintain a strategic hiring plan
- Work cross functionally to design, validate and launch new product lines and to extend existing product lines
- Maintain expert level knowledge of CBD industry trends and target customer personas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals qualified with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated success & experience in building brands, preferably in a startup environment
- Strong working knowledge of the consumer products industry
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing research, CPG analytics (Nielsen, IRI, SPINS), CPG marketing tactics (customer marketing, online marketing, social media, PR, event marketing, etc.)
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively set priorities and manage strategic plans
- Experience managing marketing teams and suppliers
- Team player with entrepreneurial, can-do spirit
- Highly developed verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build alignment & consensus
- Advanced Microsoft Suite capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Capacity to utilize and apply all OLEO Management tools (CRM systems, product knowledge, etc.)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business related field
- 10+ years’ experience marketing and brand building roles
- Dietary Supplements or fitness products industry experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone along with reaching. Specific vision abilities include close vision requirements due to computer work. Moderate noise, ability to work in a confined area, and ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time are also included.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
The policy of OLEO, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital or military status, national origin, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.